A Spacious Residential Care Home with Lovely Features
South Moor Lodge has much to offer our elderly residents. We have:
- 40 bedrooms, all large single rooms which means South Moor still feels like a home rather than a care facility like many larger homes. It also means our manager knows all her residents extremely well
- Attractive and spacious bedrooms that you can personalise, so it can feel like a home-from-home very quickly, enabling you to settle in well. Each room is slightly different, so you can choose the one that suits you and your budget best
- All rooms have double glazing which cuts out draughts and external noise
- All rooms have full wet room facilities allowing for your privacy and convenience
- The majority of our ground floor bedrooms open onto their own patio area
- A 24-hour call facility in every room provides the reassurance to make you feel safe and secure
- A television point in every bedroom so you have the freedom to watch what you want, when you want
- Bespoke furniture and furnishings provided, though we encourage you to bring anything you would like with you to personalise your room as much as possible and help you feel completely at home
- Five different reception rooms catering for all tastes and preferences including a television room, a quiet room and two dining rooms
- Cinema room where residents enjoy watching films and tv shows
- Library area with a varied selection of books
- Communal patio and garden areas where you can sit out and enjoy the gardens and the weather
- High speed broadband available throughout the home via WiFi
- Several assisted bathrooms and toilets in addition to all residents’ personal bathroom facilities
- A passenger lift to access the first floor, should you need it.
- Ample car parking, including rapid electric charging points, for when your family and friends come to visit
Additionally, we can arrange for:
- Visits from GPs, opticians, physiotherapists, chiropodists, dentists, occupational therapists and members of all denominations of the clergy
- Hairdressing service
- Daily delivery of newspapers and magazines
- The provision of personal telephone lines
If there are any additional requirements you need that are not mentioned here, we can discuss them when you come for an initial visit.
Residential Care Home Fees
At South Moor Lodge we have rooms which are suitable for both privately funded residents and residents to be funded by social services. Some of the larger social services rooms may require a modest top-up payment from family or friends depending on the care needs of the resident.
We aim to be totally upfront and transparent about all our fees, and to provide the highest standards of care whatever fees are paid.
To be eligible for your local authority to pay elderly care fees, the resident must not have savings of over £23,250 (2019). In addition, the local authority will generally require a contribution towards the cost of care they fund from the resident’s income and resources. If a resident has a property to sell they are generally eligible for a 12 week period of disregard from the local authority, which can be further extended to cover the period up until the house sale is completed. (This means the council will pay for the initial 12 weeks to give time for the property to sell, and then the monies need to be re-paid to the council). Further information can be obtained from your local authority and there is a useful guide produced by Age UK here.