Would you like to work with us at South Moor Lodge?
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of elderly people?
Are you looking for a worthwhile occupation and career progression in elderly residential care?
Do you want to be part of a committed team that will help you achieve your potential?
Working at South Moor Lodge
At South Moor Lodge we are committed to delivering the highest standards of care to all residents in our home. We have a loyal and motivated team who are passionate about delivering our mission to improve the standards of care across the elderly care home industry.
We are always looking to add to our superb, passionate and dedicated team of Carers, Kitchen and Domestic staff.
The culture at South Moor Lodge
We have a culture which reflects our values, with teamwork, effective communication and a positive outlook at the heart. We feel that we work in our residents’ homes, so our culture is homely and familial. A personally and financially rewarding role with regular training, team engagement, praise and appreciation of each other awaits you here at South Moor Lodge.
Value Based Recruitment
At South Moor we recruit based on our Values which are critical to the ethos of the care home. We recruit keen team members who share our mission to improve care home standards. We carefully select new team members with an innate sense of how to care for our residents with dignity and kindness at all times.
How We Support You
With over 30 team members supporting our residents, we have a high ratio of staff to residents. We believe everyone in our team is an Ambassador for South Moor Lodge, and in return we are committed to providing a positive place to work.
We acknowledge that it can be challenging to settle into a new and demanding role, especially if you are new to the care industry. That’s why we have a three-pillar support system for new team members to enable you to succeed with us:
- Our Home Manager will welcome and support you when you start, ensuring the role is what you were expecting and having regular catch ups to discuss any issues, queries or problems
- Our Recruitment and Engagement Team will keep in touch with new starters until their first day with us. Once you have started they will keep in touch, with a call after one week, one month and then 3 months to discuss how you’re settling and any concerns you may have
- Our New Starter Champions are your ‘buddy’ within the home. You can discuss anything with them and ask them any questions you need to in order to help you settle in. They are there to offer confidential support and advice on matters you may not wish to discuss with your manager
This approach is in place to ensure new starters are content and find their new role rewarding.
We know working in the care sector is hard work and emotionally demanding, albeit extremely personally rewarding. That’s why we are committed to the National Living Wage and actually pay all staff in excess of the National Living Wage. We believe in thanking and rewarding our staff as much as possible for the amazing work they do.
We have three levels of pay for each role: staff performing in line with expectations, staff performing below expectations and staff performing above expectations. We firmly believe that those ‘going the extra mile’ should be personally and financially rewarded.
As well as a salary we also offer staff many additional financial incentives. These include:
- A mandatory training incentive for new team members
- Vouchers for all staff completing Diploma in Care (NVQ) qualifications
- Vouchers for all team members for a positive CQC inspection
- Extra payments for helping colleagues by covering additional and last minute shifts
- Vouchers for anyone being a good Ambassador for South Moor Lodge
Longevity of Service
We are very proud of the long length of service of many of our team. This enables us to provide a stable and caring environment for all our residents.
We aspire to have the best staff retention across the elderly care home industry and this is why we do so many things that most of the care home industry does not do:
- Pay all our staff well in excess of the National Living Wage
- Offer all our staff many additional incentives and rewards for going above and beyond for our residents
- Allocate every new team member a New Starter Champion to support them for their first year
- Offer our team meaningful rewards for completing Diploma in Care qualifications
- Pay all training course fees
At South Moor Lodge we are committed to the training and development of all members of the team. We offer incentives, pay for courses and support you in any way we can.
Many of our team have progressed within South Moor through our constant encouragement and support. We invest in training our team and assisting them to achieve their potential and we promote people when they are ready rather than waiting for a vacancy to arise. Find out more on our Training page.
Our current vacancies are listed below, however we are always looking for great team members who share our values so feel free to apply to work at South Moor Lodge if what you have read above appeals to you.
|Job Role||Days / Nights||Part-time / Full-time||Job Advert||Job Description|
|Care Assistant||Days or Nights||Part-time or Full-time||Download Care Assistant Job Advert||Download Care Assistant JD|
|Senior Care Assistant||Nights||Part-time or Full-time||Download Senior Care Assistant Job Advert||Download Senior Care Assistant JD|
How to Apply
If you are interested in working at South Moor Lodge and you live in Walkeringham, Beckingham, Gainsborough, South Doncaster, North Lincolnshire or surrounding areas, please apply.
Simply complete the form below and someone will be in touch with you to discuss the opportunities further.
We look forward to hearing from you.